Thursday, June 25, 2009

Down to one.

So the whole wedding will be at Winfrey Point. I feel a big relief when that decision was made because I got really stressed out when I started thinking about decorating and taking down 2 locations at the same time. My eye twitched. I don't like my eye twitching. ever. The decision was made when the Lake Highlands Baptist Church denied my choice for an officiant because she is a woman. Pffht! So we decided to save ourselves about a thousand dollars and have it all at Winfrey Point. So it brings a whole new mindset when it comes to decor for the wedding now. Not a total transformation, just really where everything will be.

I finally got the dress out of the shop. FINALLY. It took forever for Alfred Angelo to get all of the extra stuff in. The veil, jacket, bodice, corset, hair comb... and after we have mentioned it about a million times, the dress still had a dirt spot on the train! It wasn't touched. So while we were there, and since we were taking it home that day, they cleaned it. I liked Alfred Angelo when I was trying the dress on and they were wonderful in dealing with us then. After the fact, I don't know what happens. I've heard from other brides that this happens too. They highly suggest a separate tailor when it comes to final alterations. I have a person in mind, thanks to a woman on the train, who gave me a tip on a "fantastic" tailor and she would do it at a reasonable price. Her name is Becky Fowler. I googled her, she's legit. Not a bad review out there for this lady.

I found a great price on paper for the invitations at Micheals. I didn't see them before, but I found them! For a box of 100 with envelopes, $15. oh yeah! And with that I get to design my own. Love it! And I was thinking postcards for the reply cards... way way cheaper than traditional RSVP cards. And I'm all about saving money and coming under my ever growing "budget" of ours.

Next month, I'm booking the DJ and continuing on with plans....

No comments:

Post a Comment